Today we are celebrating Easter, the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ after his crucifixion and death.I was reminded by the Lord today to share the resurrection blessing and grace in my life and my family.
Very few would know that my sweet angel daughter Rishika (4 Yrs. now) was diagnosed with Cancer in her kidney in July 2012. The intention was not to hide but we were so much in grief and highly sensitive that we did not know whom to share and what to do next.
I can only look back and thank God, the way Lord Jesus took us through this storm (it reminded me of the great story about the “footprints on the sand”).
The storm just hit us and myself and family were shaken.. I was at shock as how can this happen to me who is trying his best to be good and follow Jesus. My faith crisis took me back to same natural errors which we all do.
But our God is a good God and he works out everything to our good according to his promise in Romans 8:28.
Thank God that somehow in my spirit, the Lord led me to refocus on him and convinced me that our God is never a punishing God and his love is not determined by what I am but by who I am for him( I am a child of God).
I was blessed to receive his promise for this crisis in my life. Lord spoke very clearly through his words in Bible.
- But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
- When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
- For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
- Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.
Amazing thing which Lord Jesus reassured me was his deep love for me and his promise to be with me during the crisis. I was at peace and Jesus did blessed Priya with more strength.
Few of the miracle which the Lord worked out are as below:
- God gave us the strength and peace as a couple and family to go through this crisis according to his promise.
- Philippians 4:7-And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
- God gave us the grace to surrender Rishika in the hands of Lord Jesus trusting that he knows the best what is happening and he will take care of the rest.
- We got a best child surgeon and oncologist to take care of Rishika ( referred through an uncle in the prayer group)
- Got a good hospital care for Rishika during the treatment
- The whole treatment was under Gods control and we experienced his hand and intervention at every juncture.
- Lot of friends did joined us in prayer and gave us spiritual support.
- Our relatives and parents stood by us and supports us by being with us.
- Post-surgery, the wounds were healed quickly
- Rishika was very playful through her chemotherapy treatment till December 2012
- After her full treatment cycle, we did a PET scan and the report came negative with no signs of cancer ( Praise God).
- Rishika recovered quickly and started going to play school from mid of January 2013 (the school environment was so suitable or her recovery as if everything God had planned for this crisis).
To be honest, it was like dying to oneself when I use to see my daughter in pain week after week during the treatment cycle but the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guarded our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus( Philippians 4:7)
Thanks be to Lord Jesus Christ that as a family we were able to go through this crisis. Today when I see Rishika enjoying her life, it reminds me of Gods great love and faithfulness in my life. He has always been at my side in my good and not so good times. I am so blessed to love him more after going through this suffering in his love.
Rishika’s Birthday Snap; 18th March 2013
My only submission to all of my friends is that whatever crisis you may be in, do invite God with his resurrection power and see the change. God loves us very much (John 3:16) and he will surely be with us if we ask and allow him.
Wishing you a blessed Easter!!